If your Brother HL-2130 does not reset properly after putting in a new cartridge, and is still showing a ‘toner low’ or ‘toner empty’ message, it is possible to manually reset the printer:
- Ensure the printer is turned off.
- Open the printer front cover.
- Hold the Go button while turning the printer on.
- When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.
- Press the Go button two (2) times. The Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will turn on.
- Press the Go button six (6) times.
- The Error LED should now be flashing, close the front cover.
Brother HL-2130 - Reset Drum
After changing a DR2200 drum unit in a Brother HL-2130, the printer’s page count needs to be reset. This will turn off the drum warning light on the printer.
Simply open the front cover, and hold the GO button until all four LED’s are lit. Release the GO button and close the front cover.